Peter Coloring Book
Peter Denies ChristTo Remember: Stand up for Jesus, he stood up for you
Sing: Stand up, stand up for Jesus
Discussion: Compare Judas’ reaction to his guilt with Peter’s reaction.
True or False Claims against Jesus – Did Jesus Say
1) I can destroy the temple and rebuild it in 3 days. T
2) I will overthrow the Roman government. F
3) I am the Son of God. T
4) No one has to keep the Sabbath. F
5) The Pharisee’s laws are not binding. T
Review Questions (can be used with gameboard) linguistic questions 1) What was the Sanhedrin? The Jewish ruling council
2) Who was the High Priest? Caiaphas
3) What is blasphemy? Speaking evil about God
activity questions 1) Crow like a rooster.
2) Act out the scene where a soldier strikes the blindfolded Jesus and tells him to prophesy who it is.
3) Stand up and declare that Jesus is the son of God. emotion questions
1) How did Peter feel as he denied Christ? Fear, anger
2) How did Peter feel as the rooster crowed? Guilt, shame
3) How did Jesus probably feel as the rooster crowed? Sad, betrayed application questions
1) Are we sometimes ashamed of Jesus?
2) Should we be careful of what we accuse others of? Yes – make sure we understand what they really said (did).
3) What would you do if it were suddenly illegal to be a Christian? fact questions
1) How were Annas and Caiaphas related? Annas was Caiaphas’ father-in-law
2) Who accused Peter of being disciple? Servant-girls
3) What did Jesus say would happen when Peter denied him? Rooster crowed
1) What was Jesus convicted for? Blasphemy and treason
2) What motivated his trial? Envy
3) What caused Peter to deny Christ? fear