Bible Animal Friends: A Fun Googly Eyes Board Book, #4
Balaam and the DonkeyTo Remember: We must heed God's warnings
Activity: Create a 3D version of Balaam's encounter with the angel. Cut out a road from brown construction paper and use green paper for grass. Print out the graphics below on heavy paper. Cut them out and make stand-up pieces by leaving a tab of white paper at the bottom to fold over. Use the cut-outs to recreate the story.Discussion Point: Where do we get our warnings?
Bible Elders Laws of the Land Parents Teachers
Activity: Print out and cut out the Warning and Example graphics. Place them both on the table. Have each student place a token (sticker, game piece, etc) on warning or example, depending on what person you name. Variation: Put Warning on one side of the room and Example on the other and have students stand near the appropriate sign.
Some people's lives are given to us as warnings. Others are examples.
When I name the situation, indicate whether it represents a warning or an example:
1) Pharaoh, who would not let the people go. W
2) Moses, who was chosen to be a leader of the people. E
3) The people who made a golden calf. W
4) Israelites, who complained about not having water. W
5) Aaron, who served God as the high priest. E
6) The army, who trusted in God and defeated the Amalekites. E
7) The people who donated treasure for the temple. E
8) Miriam, who was jealous of Moses. W
9) Joshua and Caleb, who told the people God would give them the land. E
10) Korah, who rebelled against Moses. W
Craft: Have student cut a red octagon (like stop sign) and paste this verse on that side.
Warning: Num 22:20 And God came to Balaam at night and said to him, "If the men have come to call you, rise, go with them; but only what I bid you, that shall you do."
On back, have students cut out a yellow starburst with this verse.
Promise Num 23:19 God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should repent. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
Numbers 23:26 But Balaam replied, "Didn't I tell you that I must do whatever the LORD tells me?"True or False
1. Balak wanted to buy God's blessing. T
2. God's blessing can be bought. F
3. Balaam was a bit greedy. T
4. God doesn't always accomplish His will. F
5. We should listen to God's warnings. T
Review Questions for gameboard